Frequently Asked Questions
Watch Video Tutorial
1. Go to NeonSportz Shop on your browser
2. Click on Services then Madden 24 League.
3. As you can see, NeonSportz includes many great features such as a Website, Discord Bot, iOS/Android Mobile App, Responsive Customer Support, & Free Updates. Add to your cart and checkout.
4. Enter your email and payment information or use Apple Pay, Google Pay, or several other options we allow! Make sure your email is 100% correct or you will not receive your activation link!
5. Now that you have purchased, you will be sent an email activation link that looks like the one shown on the screen. If you are viewing this video in the future, the e-mail may look a little different, but should still contain an activation link.
Watch Video Tutorial
1. This video assumes you have purchased your league, if you haven’t purchased yet and don’t know how, please watch the tutorial video on that topic.
2. After you purchase NeonSportz, check your email. You should see one from email@example.com
3. Click the activation link shown in the email to get started. If you’re watching this video from the future it may look a little different, but should still have a link to click.
4. You should now be shown a page that contains all the Discord servers you are either an owner of or have administrator permissions for.
5. If you do not own a Discord server for your league yet, please go to your Discord now and create a new server. If you are setting up a league for someone else, please make sure they give your role Administrator permissions.
6. Click invite on the server you’d like to connect. This opens a new window, choose your server and click Continue then Authorize.
7. Close out of that invite window and click the green refresh button in the top right. Your server should now have a button under it showing “Connect”. Click it!
8. Enter your desired league name, abbreviation, and console. Don’t worry, all of these can be changed later on if needed.
9. Your league is now connected! The next step is to import your league via the Madden Companion App.
Watch Video Tutorial
To reset your NeonSportz league:
1. Go to the side bar of your league’s NeonSportz page, click Administration then Settings.
2. Now click the orange reset button. There are several options to choose from, but if you are starting fresh, choose the bottom one.
3. Now your league’s information, rosters, and statistics are cleared! You can start the import process from the beginning. If you do not remember how, simply watch our video tutorial on the topic.
To transfer your NeonSportz Madden league to a new Discord server:
1. Head to the Administration then Settings page.
2. Click the transfer Discord button. Remember for the server to show you MUST be the owner of the Discord server or have your role granted Administrator permissions.
3. Invite the bot to the Discord of your choice. This will open a new tab to invite the bot.
4. After the bot is added, head back to the page on NeonSportz and click the refresh button.
5. You should now see the transfer button under your Discord server. Click that and you’re good to go!
6. Remember that your previous Discord settings will no longer work since you've transferred to a new server.
Watch Video Tutorial
How to recruit members on NeonSportz:
1. After you have connected and imported your NeonSportz League, you probably need to recruit some league members. Thankfully NeonSportz has a built in league recruitment system that should help! Head to Administration then Recruitment on the sidebar of your NeonSportz league page.
2. Here, you can fill out all of your league information including the advance time, skill level, and more! This might look a little different if you’re watching this from the future as they are adding new filters in updates.
3. Make sure you have your Discord URL filled out. NeonSportz makes it easy because you can just click the “Generate” button. Please note if your server is not a community server that you’ll need to generate a new URL here after 30 days because your link will expire.
4. Fill out your description. This is what people will see when they are looking for servers to join. Make sure to explain exactly what your league is like and how it is different from other leagues.
5. Now that you’re all set up, click the BUMP button. This will bump your league to the top of the Madden Leagues page. You can do this every 8 hours.
6. NeonSportz also has a /bump command you can do in your server so you don’t have to navigate to this page every time.
Madden League Recruitment Boost:
1. NeonSportz also offers a league boost on their shop that, once used, will boost your league to the top of the Madden Leagues page for 24 hours! This is very useful because when people are looking for a league they will see yours first.
2. To purchase a league boost, go to the NeonSportz shop, click services, then click the Madden League Recruitment Boost item. Type in your Discord username, make sure to type it in exactly or it will fail to credit to your account. Add it to your cart, then checkout. After the checkout is complete, your account will be credited the boost. To redeem your boosts, go back to NeonSportz, click your profile in the top right, then click boosts.
3. On this page you can click redeem under the league of your choice. Remember that once you use a boost, you cannot get it back.
4. You can view your league and other Madden Leagues on the Madden Leagues page located at the top bar. If you boosted your league, it’ll be shown at the top of the results for 24 hours.
Setup for New Members:
1. Make sure that your Discord server is set up for new people to join. We recommend making a role for your members in your Discord so that you can set specific channels for them to see.
2. Once a new person joins your Discord server and decides that they would like to join your league, they can type the /join command in your server to request to join or click the green join button on your NeonSportz league page. You can also send them the invite link located in your Administration then Settings page.
3. After they request to join, you can go to the join requests page on your NeonSportz league located under Administration then Join Requests. Accept them here, then assign their team.
4. To assign teams, go to the Members page located under Administration. 4. Click the dropdown next to their name and assign the team. Make sure their Discord username on this page matches the same one in your server. Oftentimes people will join NeonSportz with the wrong Discord account which can cause errors when using some commands.
5. Do not forget to assign them the permissions as well. If you want them to have the ability to create trades, vote on trades, or force a trade; simply click the checkboxes for that. If they are a league admin, check the last box. Remember that assigning someone as a league admin gives them the ability to edit your league. Only assign this permission to those that you trust.
6. NeonSportz will show what teams are open in your league on the Madden Leagues page so people can filter by team. It’s a good idea to keep your members’ teams updated on NeonSportz so if someone is looking for a specific team open in a league they will find yours.
Watch Video Tutorial
1. First head to NeonSportz.com or download our mobile app in the iOS or Android App store.
2. Now click the Madden Leagues link at the top. If you’re on mobile, it’ll be in the top left.
3. This page shows all of the leagues that are recruiting on NeonSportz! As you can see, there are hundreds to choose from.
4. There are several filters to choose from when looking for a league to join including console, category, advance time, and several more.
5. Fill out the filters of your choice then scroll down to see the leagues that match. Find one that has a “Join Discord Server” button and click it.
6. You are now joining a NeonSportz Madden league Discord! Make sure to read their rules and enjoy!
7. Also do not forget to join their league on NeonSportz so they can assign your team. To do this, either type /join on their Discord server or click the join button on their NeonSportz league page.
Watch Video Tutorial
How to set up the trade approval system:
1. First you will want to make sure that you have a role in your Discord server for your trade committee. These will be the members who vote on a trade for it to be approved or denied. If you don’t know how to make a role, simply go to your Discord server, click Server Settings, roles, then create role. Assign your trade committee to this role.
2. Now that the role is created, you’ll want to create three channels. Approved trades, denied trades, and pending trades. We recommend setting your pending trade channel permissions so that only your trade committee can view it. This will prevent members of your league from seeing a pending trade before it is voted on. Also make sure that the neonsportz.com role has access to view and send messages in all three channels.
3. Now that your Discord server is set up for trades, you’ll need to head to your NeonSportz league page. First go to Administration then Members. Check the vote trade permission next to the members of your trade committee. You can also choose members to have the force trade option which will allow them to force approve or deny a trade.
4. Next go to Administration then Trade Settings. This is where you’ll see all of our custom options for trade approvals.
5. The first section includes general settings such as the amount of votes needed for approval or denials, amount of pending trades members can submit to prevent spamming, the amount of trades a member can complete in a season, and other options. If you want to see who voted on a trade, you can leave the anonymous trade votes box unchecked, if you do not want members to see pending trades unless they have the vote trade permission you can leave that box unchecked, if you want votes to be locked in after they are made you can check that box, and finally if you want trade committee members to be able to vote on their own trades you can leave that box unchecked. If you are watching this video from the future, there may be more options added on this page.
6. The next section shows the different Discord settings. NeonSportz allows your trade committee members to vote on trades from Discord, meaning if you set it up correctly your pending trades will be sent to Discord for voting, then sent to an approved or denied channel of your choice. Choose your trade committee role for the first option, the pending trade channel for the second, approved trade channel for the third, and finally the denied trade channel for the last. Again, make sure that the neonsportz.com role has access to view and send in all three of these channels otherwise it will be blocked from sending the trades there.
7. The final two options on the trade settings include draft picks values and player values. You can set these options to what your league desires, but we recommend keeping them to the default to start with. These values are used to determine if a trade is fair. The player values uses the formula shown on the screen but allows you to set custom values for each variable such as position, age, and development trait along with contract information.
How to use the trade approval system:
1. First click “Trades” on the sidebar then “Create”.
2. Next select which team you want to trade with, the players and draft picks you are trading, then the players and draft picks you are trading for. 3. If you want to add any additional details to the trade, such as why you are making the trade, type it in the additional details field.
4. Click the preview button at the bottom. Make sure you know that the values should be close for the trade to be fair, then click the submit button.
5. The trade approval request is now created! If set up correctly, it’ll be sent to the pending trade channel selected in the Discord settings. The members who have vote trade permissions will be able to vote on the trade from Discord or the NeonSportz website or app.
6. Once approved or denied by your league’s trade committee, the trade will be sent to the corresponding channel.
Watch Video Tutorial
1. First go to Administration then Settings on your NeonSportz league page. Copy your Export URL.
2. Next go to the App Store and download the Madden Companion App if you haven’t already
3. After downloading the app, you’ll need to sign in to your EA account.
4. Choose "Manage Franchise", tap your league, and then tap "Export" in the bottom right.
5. Paste your export URL in the field. At the time of this video, you will need to paste the URL after each time you tap the export button.
6. Check the "LEAGUE INFO" box only and export. Your teams should be added to NeonSportz.
7. Check the "ROSTERS" box only and export. Your players should be exported to NeonSportz.
8. On the drop down below, select WEEK 1 and then select the "WEEKLY STATS" box only and export. Please note that you cannot export Regular season statistics if you are in the preseason and vice versa.
9. Repeat the same steps for WEEK 2 through 18. You need to export every week so that NeonSportz will receive your game schedules. If you are in the post season, remember to export those weeks as well. This is required until EA adds back the ALL WEEKS selection.
10. For WEEK 4, you'll need to select "LEAGUE INFO" and "WEEKLY STATS" (EA bug).
11. If you run into any problems, please watch the video on export issues.
12. The steps for exporting your league after you advance are the same except you only need to export League Info then Rosters then WEEKLY STATS for the previous week.
13. Now that your import is complete, you can head to Administration then Export Status to see if everything has come through.
14. If you see any weeks that are missing, this means something happened when the Madden Companion App exported the week. All you need to do is go back to the Madden Companion App, select the missing week, then click export again. Repeat until you see the status green on this page.
15. Remember you must export to NeonSportz using the Madden Companion App anytime you want NeonSportz to update, the process is not automatic.
16. Your Madden league is now exported to NeonSportz! Check out our other tutorials if you need help setting up anything else!
Watch Video Tutorial
The most common issue when exporting is that you are missing statistics. Here are some steps to try for this problem:
1. First, go to Administration on your NeonSportz league page, then Export Status.
2. Now check which weeks are missing.
3. Go to your Madden Companion App and export the missing weeks one by one. If you check back after about 5 to 10 minutes and they are still missing, try restarting your Madden Companion App then export again.
4. If they are still not coming through, your Madden Companion App may be bugged. Please delete the Madden Companion App then reinstall it. After reinstalled, try exporting the statistics again.
5. If they are still not coming through, try a different device or have a member of your league attempt.
6. The last step to try is to reset your league. Go to Administration on your NeonSportz league page then click the orange reset button. Now click the bottom option, this will clear all of your league's export data. With the cleared league, follow the export steps in the correct order.
The next most common issue when exporting is an export error similar to the one shown on the screen now. Here are some steps to try solving this issue:
1. If you are seeing this error when exporting league info, you are more than likely trying to export a different Madden league to NeonSportz than you initially exported. NeonSportz has built in protections to prevent this because you don't want league data clashing. Go to your NeonSportz league page, Administration then Settings, click the orange reset button then click the bottom option. Now your league data is reset and you should be able to export without receiving this error.
2. You should also double check that you are pasting the correct export URL.
3. If you know for a fact that you are exporting the same league that you exported before, try restarting your Madden Companion App. Sometimes your Madden authentication session can time out causing errors and restarting the app will refresh your session.
4. The last solution is to reinstall your Madden Companion App, try a different device, or have someone else in your league attempt.
5. The only other reason you would see this error is because NeonSportz is under maintenance. If this is the case, just try exporting after the maintenance is completed.
Another common issue is an error when exporting weekly statistics.
1. This error will show if you are trying to export regular season weekly statistics while your league is still in the preseason. It will also show if you are trying to export preseason statistics while you are in the regular season.
2. The only solution is to wait until you are in the regular season to export your regular season statistics.
3. This is something new to this year's Madden Companion App that we hope EA will revert because people typically want all of their schedules even during the preseason.
4. You should also double check that you are pasting the correct export URL.
You must select "LEAGUE INFO" and "WEEKLY STATS" for week 4. This is a bug in the Companion App we hope EA fixes.
1. Double check your export URL and make sure you typed it in EXACTLY as shown.
2. Your connection is bad or authentication failed, you probably need to restart your companion app.
3. You are exporting a different league than you have on NeonSportz - you need to reset your league. Go to Administration > Settings on your NeonSportz league page and click the orange "Reset" button then click "League Info, Rosters, & Stats". After this is completed, try exporting again.
Watch Video Tutorial
1. NeonSportz offers many options for Discord notifications. These are messages that are sent to Discord channels of your choice when an event occurs. If you are watching this from the future, NeonSportz may have added or removed options then are shown in this video.
2. It is recommended to create channels for each of the Discord notifications. There are currently 10 different channels you can set, create the channels on your Discord server and make sure the neonsportz.com role has view and send permissions.
3. Go to Administration then Discord on your NeonSportz league page.
4. The first option is an error channel. This is used by NeonSportz to display any errors that may have occurred when sending a Discord notification.
5. Next is the advanced week channel. This will be the channel NeonSportz uses to send a message when the league advances.
6. Then there are the attribute changes, ability changes, physical changes, and position changes. All four of these channels are what NeonSportz uses to send if there is any change to a player in the previous week. For example, if a player changed from running back to wide receiver it would get sent to the position changes. If a player’s blocking attribute changed it would be sent to the attribute changes channel. If a player’s height changed it would be sent to the physical changes channel. If a player gained a new ability it would be sent to the ability changes channel. These allow you to track small changes to players with ease, both for fun and for keeping commissioners accountable.
7. The transactions channel will be used by NeonSportz to send any new signings, releases, or trades.
8. Schedule updates will be sent to the discord channel chosen, these are usually just score updates for the games played.
9. The injuries channel will show any new injuries. Madden does not update a player’s injury length, so NeonSportz will only send the injury to this channel once.
10. Finally, there is the league news channel. This is where news created by your members will be sent when created. Madden does not export news in the game, so it’s only for member created news.
11. Please remember that attribute changes, ability changes, physical changes, position changes, transactions, and injuries do not send on your first import of the season. For example, if you import into NeonSportz on week 3 for the first time, it would only start showing after you import to week 4. This is because NeonSportz needs to store a player’s history before comparing it for changes.
Watch Video Tutorial
1. Most Madden leagues on Discord will create game channels or threads each week for their members to easily schedule their games. One of the many features that NeonSportz provides is a command that automates this process, saving you and your commissioners time. To use this feature, there are a few steps to take to set it up. Please note that NeonSportz is always updating, so if you are watching this video from the future, some of these options may have changed. We try to keep our documentation up to date as much as possible, but feel free to let us know in the comments if anything is outdated.
2. First, you’ll want to make sure you have exported your Madden league’s weekly stats for each week using the Madden Companion App. The weekly stats contain the schedules for each week which is what NeonSportz will use to create the game channels. If you do not know how this is done, please click the link in the description for our tutorial on how to import your league.
3. After you have exported each week’s weekly stats, you want to make sure the neonsportz.com role has the correct Discord permissions. Go to your Discord server, click “Server Settings”, then “Roles”, then the neonsportz.com role. Click permissions then make sure “View Channels” and “Manage Channels” are checked along with “Send Messages”, “Send Messages in Threads”, “Create Public Threads”, and “Create Private Threads”. Next make sure “Embed Links” and “Manage Threads” are checked as well. Although not recommended for security purposes, it may be easier to give the role “Administrator” privileges.
4. Now you need all of your league members to join NeonSportz. They can easily join by typing the /join command on your Discord server if they have logged into NeonSportz before. Accept them by going to your NeonSportz league page, clicking Administration then Join Requests, then go to your Members page and assign their team.
5. Now that you have all of your weekly stats uploaded to NeonSportz and the Discord bot has all of the correct permissions, you can use the /channels create-games command. Once typed in, you’ll have the option to make the channels private or not. If you choose to make the channels private, only the two teams that are playing each other will be able to see the channel along with the server owner and the role that you choose in the next option. If you choose not to have the channels private, they will show to everyone on the server. Please note that if you choose private and one of your members cannot see the channel, they are either not assigned the correct team or joined NeonSportz with the wrong Discord account. The next includes message, which is a message that’ll be sent in every channel, useful if you need to tell everyone the advance time, and week, which allows you to create game channels for whatever week in the season you choose.
6. If you decide to use threads instead, type the /threads create-games command. Once executed, this command will create threads for each game in the channel that you use the command in. You have the option to choose which role you want to be included in the thread, such as a commissioner role, and the option to choose which week to make the game threads for. You also have the message option to include a message in each thread such as advance time.
7. Whenever your games are completed you have the option to delete all of the game channels or threads by typing the /channels delete-games or /threads delete-games command depending on if you are using channels or threads.
1. You need to enable the bot’s permissions. On Discord Desktop, click on your server, then server settings. Click Integrations then click the NeonSportz.com bot. Make sure everyone is checked. You can also set specific permissions here if you would like.
2. You need to enable the "Use Application Commands" permission on every role in your Discord server.
3. You need to enable the "Use Application Commands" permission on every channel in your Discord.
1. Make sure you are exporting “LEAGUE INFO” first!
2. Transactions, player changes, position changes, etc. start showing the week after your initial export. For example: if you first exported in Week 1, they'll start showing in Week 2. If you first exported in Week 5, they'll start showing in Week 6.
3. If you are already in the second week after the initial import and they're still not posting, please check the bot's permissions in the Discord channels you chose.
1. Make sure you have exported the weekly stats for the week you're on.
2. Give the neonsportz.com role permissions to "Manage Channels" on your Discord server.
3. Try using the command again, sometimes Discord will fail the first time.
1. Make sure the bot has Manage Channel permission.
2. Make sure you assigned teams to your members on NeonSportz under Administration > Members.